Thursday, January 7, 2016

Like a Kid on Christmas

I will be the first to tell you that Christmas is not about presents, it is about presence. Anna June knows this.

But on Christmas morning, this face was not just for the camera. It was for real.

Oh, this would have been such a good photo if we had lit the tree. And she hadn't been jumping. And it hadn't been before 5 AM.

I know I've already posted about Christmas here, but here are a few other photos of the day, only slightly better.

She went straight to the Spirograph.






Then to the scooter.


Then to the hair clips. She's been borrowing mine that are sort of like this.
Actual conversation in our house:
Ben: Your hair is getting really long. You look like you should be following the Grateful Dead. What should we do about this?
Anna June: I guess I will just wear my tie-dyed t-shirt.






Ben pointed out that I didn't need to photograph every single item Santa left her, so I just took a picture of the pile after it had been surveyed.


And that did not even include the stocking full of candy and yet more art supplies.

That is one lucky little girl. I think she knows it.


2 comments:

Annie Gallitz said...

What some sweet photos!!!! So spontaneous and full of joy !! Also-------what does Shenandoah mean by that crack about her hair ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER HAIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND, that was a PERFECT response to his comment! THat girl, has WIT, and quickness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED THAT WHOLE!! EXCHANGE!!!!!! HA ! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Gallitz said...

Thanks. AJ's hair sort of looks like dreadlocks when she doesn't brush it, so I think that's where it looked like she was a Deadhead. We will get it trimmed soon, but she likes it long. We just don't like it when she drags it through her food. We've started keeping ponytail holders in the kitchen junk drawer in case she shows up at the table without her hair pulled back.