Saturday, June 20, 2015

One Fun Thing: Roller Skating

Anna June has been roller skating several times now, and each time she gets better.

Here is a terrible picture of her way out in the center of the rink. She is in yellow.



Last time, I did not get out on the rink but on Saturday, June 6, I did.

I fell twice and that was the end of my experiment.


AJ and I were there - just the two of us - and all I could think about was how I was going to be able to drive home if I fell and broke my wrist, so I stopped.
 
We were going to try to go early enough for the free lessons at 11:00, but we didn't make it. We could both use them. I wish I had gone to lessons when I was AJ's age. 

Instead, AJ offered me some advice, in retrospect. "I just look at what the good skaters are doing and try to do that."

So I hope you learn from the masters at something.

2 comments:

Annie Gallitz said...

Oh, No !!! Are you Okay ????????????? I too think that lessons would be excellent! I always wished that I could roller dance !

Laura Gallitz said...

I am fine - I was sore that day but I quit while I was ahead.