Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It's a Sin...

Anna June loves to read, and there are so very many books in the world I want her to read one day.

Of course, since we live in Alabama, To Kill a Mockingbird is near the top of the list.

Ben pointed out a cat (or other predator) got to a bird in our yard.

Here is the evidence.


Which made me think of this:

                                                                                        (Quote source is here)


But I guess that cats can't read.

2 comments:

Annie Gallitz said...

yes, the wee birds are at the mercy of the roaming felines darker nature. This past winter we watched a hawk devour a song bird., right next to our bird feeder. He was huge , and magnificent, but that didn't negate the " ewwwwww " factor completely ( Oh heck, he ate the feet, The beak, the skull; EVERY thing. There were. like in your case, only a few feathers scattered about.) I am NOT a fan of the food chain. It is just ONE of the things that I hope to see undone in the new world ! I am sure there is a lesson in this somewhere...just not exactly sure of what it is ...........................................................................................

Laura Gallitz said...

I just wish people would keep their pet cats indoors. Safer for the birds.