Monday, April 13, 2015

Bread

Anna June is a great helper in the kitchen. Back during Christmas break, when I had the day off, AJ and I tried our hand at bread baking. It's something I've always wanted to do, but have always been scared of, because, well, yeast is alive.

We were inspired by this post. And my brothers can do it, so I thought I would try it.

It's alive, people!

This made three loaves of bread. I did not intend for them to look like Mickey Mouse.

Here is the little baker herself!

We were so proud and happy. We cooked a real dinner to go with it and gobbled it all up.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well! It looks like it turned out PERFECTLY! The loaves are really beautiful ! Did you eat some warm, dripping w/ butter?????????????I went thru a bread baking faze when the kids were young. Bread is not all that easy to do right !!!Did AJ like the feel of the dough? And the Kneading of it ?? Is this to be a regular thing???(( Thank you for the chuckle----- the part about being afraid to make bread because the yeast is ALIVE !! It made it sound like something from outer space !!!)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute..... Are you posting blogs about Christmas .. NoW?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????GIRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!