Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Leftover Turkeys

As of yesterday, Anna June was still bringing home turkey artwork, so I guess these are leftover turkeys.

Speaking of leftovers, this year I brought covered divided dishes for Ben, AJ and me to select our own plates of leftovers to take home before the food was all put away at Thanksgiving dinner. I said, "I'm so organized today I can hardly stand it!" It was a good thing, too, because I had to leave and take some food to our cousin Judy, who is home bound in Bessemer due to a broken ankle, coming soon after her broken arm was healing.

Like last year, I made the corn casserole, but this year, I brought a second pan. Unfortunately, I was not a very attentive shopper and instead of 4 cans of Mexicorn, I bought 3 cans of Mexicorn and one can of Tex-Mex Corn (which featured black beans instead of onions and green bell peppers). That pan was held for leftover purposes only, as I did not want to ruin Thanksgiving. We are serious about our family recipes.

My only regret is that I didn't eat dessert. But I had no room. Everything was too good.

This second turkey looks a little Christmas-y, so maybe we are ready to move on, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to try some of your corn casserole! I don,t care if it has black beans in it , and peppers . It sounds so yummy ! Sorry for Judys continued misfortunes!! I was glad you guys remembered her! Hopes she mends soon .

Laura Gallitz said...

I can't believe the cans looked the same!

Anyway, Judy just announced that she can put weight on her foot now, which is a big improvement, although she is still in a brace and using a walker.