Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

After a long day, Anna June got some downtime on Saturday night. She chose to make a craft. She did not ask for help or for input, other than assistance in locating a glue stick.

She made a snowman for her teacher.



Materials: Coffee filters, construction paper, glue stick, and markers. One of the markers was permanent.



We've got to work on preparing the work surface before these projects!

Still, I think it turned out very well. A quick search for "coffee filter snowman" turned up several projects, none of which were as cute as this one. I'm proud of my big girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is adorable!!!!! I think that her teacher will love that. I have a nice snowman that she made on my refrigerator right now. And , probably today I will be putting out my snow man collection, ( which now numbers in the hundreds) and also includes a little one, i think madeout of clay, and painted,, that I received from her earlier in the year. AH, snowmen !Whats not to love??????

Anonymous said...

I love her independence and her clear thought process with these crafts , of late. Very nicely executed, w/ the emphasis on the 'cute!!'. ( alas, your poor table. i fear it will never be the same! Sounds like you don't make a big deal out of it, tho. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!)

Laura Gallitz said...

I was very proud of this project. She loves doing things by herself, and I love to let her. The ink came off with nail polish remover. The finish on the table was already shot, so it is fine. We've talked about refinishing but there are so many "projects" ahead of us that I think we may wait until she's out of the house first.

Congratulations on your snowman collection. Ours is pretty big, too.

Anonymous said...

Actually, 'congratulations' is not the appropriate response. It 's more like," oh, you poor dear". You have a lot of snowmen too? ( I don't know what kind of person would have done that to you ...) BUT...'you poor dear!'

Laura Gallitz said...

Snowmen are cute in theory. I am hoping we don't get enough snow to make one this year. AJ is hoping the opposite.