Sunday, December 21, 2014

Birthday Party

On Saturday morning, Anna June opted to stay in her pajamas rather than get dressed, no matter how I bribed her with computer time. I feel her pain. Ben was sick and up most of the night (fever, chills) so I didn't want to get out of my jammies, either.

So I decided to write about my birthday party.

My birthday was a special day. Ben fixed breakfast of my choice: whole wheat bagel toasted with plain cream cheese, fruit, and juice. At lunch, 3 of the 5 faculty members I support took me to lunch at a fancy new place. We had a lovely party at our house that evening. I made chili and Ben got an ice cream cake. Mom, Dad, Drew, Liz, Patrick, Wesley and Grandma Hazel all joined us. Liz brought a jalapeno bacon cheese ball and Grandma brought goat cheese crostini with apples - both were delicious!

We didn't get any pictures of the cake with the candles, or the gifts, but Liz did get a picture of Wesley pretending AJ was a horse.


 It was a lovely night with my family! I'm so glad everyone had a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny......AJ, was , not too long ago, the RIDER and not the horse! I guess that she really is growing up! I keep remembering when I visited , and Wesley was there at your folks house-----he NEVER stopped moving for a second, and most of his activity centered around chasing, climbing, tackling or otherwise doing some energetic activity on / to the person of AJ! You can see in her face in this pic how much she loves her cousin, and how much she adores playing with him ! LOVE this photo!!!!

Laura Gallitz said...

They had a blast. At the end of the night there was a pile of breakable things on the kitchen counter AJ had taken away from Wesley. She's a good babysitter.