Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What's Most Important

We just got home from a great trip, and Anna June had a good time. But I seriously hesitated about taking this trip in October.
You see, going later in the year meant fewer crowds, less heat, and a sweet "free" dining package for Disney world. But it also meant missing school for 3 days.
I do value our family higher than education, but I hold school in pretty high esteem. So does AJ, who may have groused about ruining her perfect attendance for this. But with the caviat that I don't plan to do this again, we booked it.
Before we left, though, we got AJ's first report card of first grade - all As! We are so proud!
We aren't celebrating the next one with a trip to Disney World, though!

Posted via Blogaway

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I hope that YOU and Shenandoah had a good time as well!!! AND you. Got her into BIBIDI BB! I AM SO PLEASED! THANK YOU X100! SHe will probably be begging you to go on an October trip in a few years! The report card I Wonderful!!! (How could she not get a 100 in reading?). I know she reads so great for her age!

Laura Gallitz said...

I am actually surprised her grade is not lower. She's had to do a few listening comprehension tests/exercises, and I am sure that those fall under reading. I hope she keeps up the good work.

We had a good time. Waiting 40 minutes to be seen at the salon was not a highlight for us, though. Thank you for the experience.

Gail K said...

Congratulations on the great report card Anna June!

Laura Gallitz said...

Thanks! She's smart AND cute.