Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Anna June and her father gave me a wonderful Mother's Day.



We went to the zoo and I was showered with cards and gifts. We had a family lunch at my parents' house and dinner at Rusty's.

I had drafted a post about how it is nice to be pampered and I have the best mom and grandmother ever, but I was sorry for how society kinda says to women who don't fit the traditional mom role, "Too bad, this day is not for you." Then the app on my phone crashed. 

But I just read this post and it said everything I wanted to say, anyway.  So it's a blessing my post didn't work out. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice day! It was nice talking with you! The zoo is always a nice place to go for a special outing.

Laura Gallitz said...

Thanks! As it happened I got to talk to lots of special moms on Mother's Day. Thanks again for the zoo membership - we're thankful for being able to use it in such beautiful weather.