Thursday, April 17, 2014

Not a Great Gift

At some point, in some gift bag, Anna June was given Noise Putty.

I apologize if my handwriting in my previous post made it appear as "Nose Putty".

Neither Noise nor Nose really makes sense.

Now, it could have been because I stored it near the sink and the window in the kitchen. It could have been that we had it a long time. It could have been that it is cheap junk to fill a goody bag. But Ben and AJ played with it on one of those sick days, and they tell me that the stuff just didn't work.

It was supposed to make a noise, like a fart.

Instead, it was just very sticky and got all over their hands and the table.

They cleaned it up and tossed it.

One fewer thing I have in my house. Now, on to the glow-in-the-dark slime. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry. (she said sheepishly)

Laura Gallitz said...

I was pretty sure it came from a birthday party gift bag a couple of years ago - didn't think it was from you. That flarp stuff that does the same thing still works. Just was trying to answer your question about Nose Putty.

Anonymous said...

Well, I remember sending both of those things, at one time or another. And it's ok! I like to find "unusual " things to send; You KNOW you can edit ANYTHING I send , for ANY reason ! (I'm NOT trying to make things harder) I'm NOT offended-----!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Gallitz said...

Yeah, the editing does get done...maybe it was from you and the glow in the dark slime was from the birthday party. Either way - I'm very grateful for all the wonderful intentions behind the gifts, even if a few fall short. I didn't even witness this particular item - I just heard about it when I got home.