Anna June in the "Build A Snow Fort" area of the Winter Wonderland Exhibit at
the McWane Science Center, December 31, 2013
I bought a 2014 calendar and started filling out all the birthdays and big events coming up this year. 2014 is going to be fantastic. Here are just a few things we're looking forward to:
- Wesley turns 1! This week! His birth was clearly the best thing to happen in all of 2013.
- In February, Birmingham City Schools will have an e-learning day on Valentine's Day, so school will be closed. Interesting choice of days, guys. Kids will still find a way to bring all that candy to school. Combined with Presidents' Day, they'll have a 4-day weekend. Yikes.
- In March, AJ will turn SIX YEARS OLD.
- Also in March, Spring Break! Week of March 24.
- In April, we'll celebrate Easter. They get out early on Good Friday.
- In May, Do Dah Day.
- In June, July and August, AJ will attend UAB Rec Center Day Camp and we'll take some vacation time. We hope to visit Wisconsin and Florida again.We maybe, just maybe, will finally make it to Disney World. I mentioned this possibility to AJ and she was, "speechless."
- In June, we'll celebrate our 12th anniversary, hopefully with a trip out of state.
- Also in June (if my math is correct), Nana and Granddaddy will celebrate their 40th (ruby) anniversary.
- In August, AJ will begin FIRST GRADE!
- In September, we hope to participate in The Color Run at Barber Motorsports Park.
- In October, November, and December, we'll do the respective holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. All these tend to blur together for me.
- Also in December, and also if my math is correct, Rusty will turn 30.