Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Anna June toasted the New Year with us at 9:00 PM, and eventually went to sleep around 10:00. She'd been battling growing pains all evening, and was tired from a long day at the McWane Center, so we declined an invitation to visit another family and kept our runny noses home, too.

Anna June in the "Build A Snow Fort" area of the Winter Wonderland Exhibit at
 the McWane Science Center, December 31, 2013


I bought a 2014 calendar and started filling out all the birthdays and big events coming up this year. 2014 is going to be fantastic. Here are just a few things we're looking forward to:

  • Wesley turns 1! This week! His birth was clearly the best thing to happen in all of 2013.
  • In February, Birmingham City Schools will have an e-learning day on Valentine's Day, so school will be closed. Interesting choice of days, guys. Kids will still find a way to bring all that candy to school. Combined with Presidents' Day, they'll have a 4-day weekend. Yikes.
  • In March, AJ will turn SIX YEARS OLD. 
  • Also in March, Spring Break! Week of March 24. 
  • In April, we'll celebrate Easter. They get out early on Good Friday.
  • In May, Do Dah Day.
  • In June, July and August, AJ will attend UAB Rec Center Day Camp and we'll take some vacation time. We hope to visit Wisconsin and Florida again.We maybe, just maybe, will finally make it to Disney World. I mentioned this possibility to AJ and she was, "speechless."
  • In June, we'll celebrate our 12th anniversary, hopefully with a trip out of state.
  • Also in June (if my math is correct), Nana and Granddaddy will celebrate their 40th (ruby) anniversary. 
  • In August, AJ will begin FIRST GRADE!
  • In September, we hope to participate in The Color Run at Barber Motorsports Park.
  • In October, November, and December, we'll do the respective holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. All these tend to blur together for me. 
  • Also in December, and also if my math is correct, Rusty will turn 30.
It is January 1. I'm supposed to be exercising. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my GOODNESS, I just cried rereading your post from Wesley's first moments in the world! I can't believe it's been a whole year already!!!

Hope y'all are feeling all better soon. I know you must be sick of the recurring illnesses this winter! I'm still fighting the Christmas cold/cough/funk, and hope I will be 100% by Saturday...

Laura Gallitz said...

Next year my one wish for Santa is that we all avoid the Christmas Crud.

judy731@bellsouth.net said...

Busy, busy year you have coming up. I'm so sorry that I missed both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need to introduce myself to everyone the next time we're together. When will that be? Seems like forever since I've seen anyone in the family. I totally missed Wesley's birthday. I knew it was in early January, but my being "on another planet or something" seems to have wiped out my mental calendar. I really need to catch up.

Hope to see everyone very soon.

Laura Gallitz said...

I am also very, very behind. Let's get together soon!