Friday, December 6, 2013

Gone!

Anna June lost her first tooth on Thursday, December 5, 2013, at the age of 5.



The new gap on the bottom compliments her natural gap on the top.



She woke up at 5:19 this morning, from a nightmare that she had swallowed her tooth. She was glad to see that, instead, the Tooth Fairy left her $2, and left the tooth for the "baby's first tooth" keepsake box.

It was time. The tooth fairy pillow has not yet arrived, but it will be here for all the others she must lose in due time.

I had to pull it. She was crying (allegedly about something else) and it was so very loose I had only to wiggle it a couple of times and it practically fell out. She didn't want to do it herself.

My dad informs me that I cried until he went ahead and pulled my teeth, too.

She was about 5 months old when she cut her first tooth - I had to check the blog, because I didn't remember. I documented all teeth, I believe, as they almost all came with all the classic symptoms of teething: fever, diarrhea, fussiness from discomfort.

Time has flown. She's not a baby with bottles and diapers. She's a big girl now, with homework to do, and parties and performances to attend. I have to admit that I like the pulling teeth age better than the growing teeth age, although we watched some adorable videos we've posted through the years last night. It was fun to watch kid-sized AJ watch (and be embarrassed by) toddler AJ. She thought it was funny she couldn't pronounce "Radar" (Dar-dar) or "Chick-fil-A" (chi-chay).

I feel like this is a big milestone. We're trying not to think of the ones that come next, and just kind of enjoy this magical age.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, wow. Now I can envision all the next years , and all the changes tumbling one after another, shedding her babyhood and then her girlhood. And before YOU KNOW IT, SHE WILL BE A YOUNG LADY, so tall and graceful and poised, and ready to take on the world.......................and it all starts with that first loose tooth,..........................................................................And a big " ATTA GIRL!" out to you, Laura, for yanking that thing , with a practical attitude of , 'its gotta be done', and no apparent squeamishness or wimpiness!!! WELL DONE!!! ( I have no memory of having to yank the teeth of my kids )