Thursday, June 6, 2013

All Smiles

For behaving well and having no cavities, Anna June got to pick a prize at the dentist's office. She selected a fake mustache. She wore it from Crestline to Avondale, where she took it off and it frustratingly stuck to itself. Luckily, she didn't wear it in to Vacation Bible School - they were having picture day today!

As I said over on Facebook, I realize that AJ's having no cavities isn't exactly the pinnacle of parental achievement...there are lots of factors, including the child's own discipline, genes, and diet. But I am grateful nonetheless, because having to schedule cavity fillings would not be fun.

We did get lectured to brush better (i.e., Mom and Dad have to come behind AJ and hit up the teeth a little better) and floss more, but for now, her baby teeth are looking pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is the strangest looking mustache I ever saw. She looks as if she got creative with a squeeze bottle of mustard. Very impressed with her dental check-up results! Especially for a girl who LOVES CANDY! so. Glad to hear that the summer events are going well........ .

Laura Gallitz said...

It's like Bernie Brewer blonde, but some dastardly villain thin. I guess it's OK for free. She does love candy and every time I hold my breath until they say it looks good. Whew.