Anna June had a great weekend. We attended Teygan's birthday party on Saturday (with a Brave theme) and then Dorothy's birthday party at iJump Crestwood on Sunday. It was fun. We're still exhausted.
There may be pictures somewhere. I'll have to check.
This morning, AJ asked if we could just stay home all day. I have to admit - I was tempted. The weather is beautiful - not a cloud in the sky, with a high of around 82. I just looked at my calendar and I don't see a day in the near future where we could just stay home all day. I will keep looking. It sounds delightful.
Work is crazy for me right now. Ben is beginning his Master's in Information Security program from Western Governor's University effective tomorrow, so home is going to be a big adjustment, as well. He's been starting with studying, so we've been finding ways to stay out of his hair. It's going to be an interesting couple of years.
AJ's school is really busy, too, getting ready for the end of the year in just a few weeks. May 24 is their last day of Pre-K. Before then, there's a zoo field trip, field day, PTA meeting, teacher's appreciation week, a talent show, an end of the year "awards" (graduation) program, and more.
However, here are some things we're looking forward to - summer!
1. Beach trip to the Gulf coast. Dates and locations haven't been nailed down yet, but it will happen.
2. New floors in our den and hallway.
3. Trip to Milwaukee during the Wisconsin State Fair
4. Visiting a friend at the lake. We've been listening to this song at Zumba, and I keep dreaming about this.
5. Radar's birthday, of course.
6. Eight weeks at day camp at the UAB Rec Center
7. Summer reading at our library. This year, AJ will get to read the books herself!
8. Our 11th anniversary
9.Continuing on our quest to be healthier.
10. Not wearing uniforms!
The honeysuckle bloomed in our yard this morning. I made sure to take a deep breath. It will be gone before we know it, just like each season.
21 hours ago