Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday Things: April Fool's!

Anna June loves jokes and tricks, so April Fool's Day is a great day for her. She loves laughing. I'm counting it as my Tuesday review.

I tried to fool her with a trick Uncle Tim played on us when we were kids. "Get up," I told her. "It snowed last night!"

She didn't believe me for a second. "It hasn't been cold enough to snow!"

She looked anyway, and I hollered "April Fool's!" She insisted that she never believed me, and, well, I believe her. She's too smart for her own good.

We did think up a plan to trick her teacher. AJ had a homework assignment of a Spring Break journal (6 days where the kids would write and illustrate a sentence or two about what they'd been doing), and, because she had been out sick, there were some worksheets she needed to complete. So there was, actually, a lot of homework she had to do.

AJ came into the classroom and gave Mrs. D a hug, but said, "I didn't do my homework."

Mrs. D. didn't believe her for a second. "Yes you did," she said. For better or worse, my kid has already gotten a reputation as a good student!

"April Fool's!" AJ said. They both got a big laugh.

I guess I'll have to work on my game plan better for age 6...my plans for age 5 fell through because she's too advanced!

2 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

yep.....you have to get up early to pull one over on this little smartie!

Laura Gallitz said...

I forgot to mention that she hid my parents' remote controls under the bed in "her" room. Dad wanted to change the channel and couldn't find the remote. Good one, AJ!