Monday, April 15, 2013

Reading

Anna June is learning to read.

This morning, I walked her into her classroom, where her assignment was to copy three sentences onto a blank piece of paper.

She read them aloud:

1. The sun is hot.
2. Frogs love to jump.
3. Did you see the big spider?

I am here to tell you, as a proud mama, that she read them all quite well. Mrs. D. did not act surprised.

I gave her a high-five and went on to work with a big smile on my face.

(I have lots more to blog from this past week when I've been missing in action, but I have a lot happening today, so bear with me, please.)

2 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

And I am a PROUD, PROUD GRANNY !!isn't THIS THE best??Equaled only by the wonderful days when my Shenandoah and Nonny began to read.

Laura Gallitz said...

I love that she's reading signs as we drive by or go places. Of course, she asks more questions now, but she has more things to ask.