Monday, March 4, 2013

Friday Photo: Delayed Reaction

OK, so this photo of Anna June's artwork didn't actually get taken and posted until Monday. Forgive me?

On Friday, March 1, Avondale Elementary celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday by wearing crazy hats and crazy socks. AJ wore her monkey toboggan hat and her flowered knee socks. It didn't make for that interesting of a picture, so I didn't take it.

But I did take a picture of her contribution to the bulletin board: she did a rendition of the cover of Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss.

I think it's a pretty good likeness, don't you?


4 comments:

Virginia said...

Thanks for visiting my B'ham blog today. I see your AJ goes to Avondale. Well I'm a hop, skip and a jump from there myself, Clairmont. My black kitty Meeps keeps watch from my apt. window. Wave when you go by!
V

Laura Gallitz said...

I really love your blog, Virginia! And we must have been in the same place at the same time at some point before - I've lived most of my life in Crestwood/Avondale/Southside!

Avondale Elementary is wonderful and Anna June is in Pre-K. She loves it!

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I thought you KNEW Virginia, for some reason! I LOVE her blog too, ( thank you all for letting me ride your shirt tails!)

I LOVE it when AJ tries her hand at copying something. I happen to think that she is QUITE talented at drawing. ! On the Kraker side, we actually have quite a few VERY very good artists!( Grandpa Ernie, Susie, Jeff, Uncle Pete ( My dads brother,) and , my brother Pete) Wouldn't it be great to find that she has that gene!

Laura Gallitz said...

Wow! My grandmother Annette was an artist as well - I'm hoping AJ will keep up her interest in the matter.

No, I've never met Ms. Virginia in real life - just been stalking her blog for ages. Love it!