Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Review: Feats and Feasts

Anna June had another busy but fun weekend. Here's the rundown:

Friday night, we went out for pizza. We tried to go to Davenport's, but the wait was so long we headed elsewhere, and ended up at Bongiorno in Crestline. It was fine, but a little fancier than what we had hoped for. I hope to write a full review later.

Instead of watching a movie, we cleaned up AJ's toys, which were strewn about the house from our painting adventures. This was more difficult than we thought, and delayed by AJ's insistence that I shelve her books in alphabetical order.

Saturday, after breakfast, we continued on our quest to find homes for AJ's many toys. She decided to part with many of them, after much deliberation.

Then, we headed to lunch and to make our big purchase of the day: the mattress and box springs. AJ has expensive taste, so we ended up with a pillow-top mattress. She wanted something really soft. I hope it lasts her until college.

We returned home and met my dad and grandfather, who delivered AJ's new bed. Dad helped Ben set it up - the rails were tricky. Then, we went back to Mom and Dad's house for AJ to hang out with Liz, Patrick and baby Wesley while we went to pick up the mattress set in Dad's truck.

Drew came back to the house with some slats for the bed. When went home and Ben had to saw them down, as they were formerly for a full-size bed, but he measured and cut quite well, and they worked great.

We went to Anna's Linens in search of inexpensive bed clothes. We found a bed-in-a-bag set that had a comforter, sheets, pillowcase, and pillow sham. It also had a bed skirt, but I didn't notice that, and I went back and bought another one. So now we have a mattress pad, 2 sets of sheets, 2 bed skirts, and a comforter/sham set. I think she's all set.

Except she doesn't like it. Maybe she'll grow into it - it can't be exchanged!


We made a cherry kool-aid pie for the Feast of the Five Frogs. We had so much fun - AJ played with Carter (in from Michigan) all night. They were very excited to see each other.

Sunday was our usual mix of church, errands, and housework. Ben and I took a nap while AJ played. Then, AJ and I went to a 70th birthday party for two of our friends. She was the only kid there, but she learned how to play hangman and now she's obsessed. We immediately downloaded an app for our tablet to keep her occupied while learning spelling.

I hope this week brings more fun!

2 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I think that you found a really NICE set!! And ,the colors are all in it too!! WELL DONE!!!



I think I'm gonna try out that bed when I come down !

Laura Gallitz said...

Yay! Anna June can sleep on the floor and you can sleep in the bed! It's really soft. And I'm glad you like the comforter set. I think it's cute, and I think it goes well with the blues she likes and the almost aqua of the walls.