Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Review: Time Off

Anna June enjoyed her time off this weekend - time off from school, and actually, time off from her parents, especially me.

On Friday night we went as a family to visit the baby.

On Saturday, we did some things around the house. Anna June has a field trip to the circus coming up, and she's earning her money to go. There's a large list on the white board right now. She's doing great at crossing things off. We walked the dog, we got rid of some things, we shopped. We were getting ready to watch the Packers' game and my dad volunteered to have AJ come and spend the night with them. It turned out to be a good thing - Ben and I may have said some non-kid-appropriate words while watching the team fall apart in their loss to San Francisco. Also, I had a massive headache and didn't make it much past halftime.

On Sunday, we slept in. It was marvelous on a rainy, yucky weekend day. Then we went to pick AJ up, but I only said hi and then made my way to my Alpha Phi meeting in Tuscaloosa. We had a wonderful time - I enjoy all of these ladies so much. We ate at the University Club, and it was delicious. Eventually, I got home. We watched some television and then trekked to Rusty's for our Sunday night dinner.

AJ's highlights: Shopping on Sunday and buying a bracelet for me with her very own money. Making kool-aid. Spending more of her Target gift card on craft supplies. Working on writing letters and numbers. Coming with me to collect aluminum cans from friends and relatives for the can drive at school. Staying up late. Skipping baths. Spending time with her grandparents. Daddy-daughter lunch date at Taco Bell.

My highlights: Seeing my friends - I hope some young whippersnapper picks me up when I'm in my 80s and using a walker! Ben cleaning out my car, steam cleaning the den, sweeping, and watching AJ for me.

Ben's highlights: Watching football on our new tv, and sleeping late.

Radar wonders how many blog readers we really have.



It's once again National De-lurking Day! Please leave a comment to let me know you still read, or if it's your first time, then leave a comment letting me know you're out there somewhere.

7 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I am still here.....I am ALWAYS here!!!! Because I LOVE it!It is a GREAT blog!!!!

Packers: I know. I didn't get to watch the game , and I'm sorta glad. It is a totally depressing end to another exciting season. You should have seen the picture of Rodgers an the front page. of the Journal..he looked like an old man. it takes its toll.

Busy people. I;m glad you got to do something exciting for your self. ( your Sorority luncheon) That picture of the club house: wow. Looks like the quintessential Southern mansion! Beautiful! On my moneymoon to New Orleans, I went to some plantation somewhere to eat ...THAT was beautiful too......wish I knew where that was......??????? Oh well. Does n't matter.

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Please explain the comment about hoping to get picked up by a young whipper snapper when you are eighty.....

Laura Gallitz said...

Oh, I picked up my friend who is in her 80s at her assisted living apartment - closer to my house than the other members. Then we drove to another friend's house south of town to ride - 5 of us together - in her big SUV. Because of the prepping, the back tracking, the eating, the meeting, the riding to Tuscaloosa, the pick up and delivery, it basically took me 6 hours to eat lunch. Worth it!

Jerry said...

I read them all - eventually! Maybe Ben can straighten out my laptop so I can access it there again. Love Mom

Laura Gallitz said...

Let me pretend to be the Count from Sesame Street: Granny is ONE, Nana is TWO. TWO readers. Ah, ha, ha.

Everyday Fashionista said...

I am trying to catch up. I love your blog but things have been so busy lately I haven't even had time to update my own!

Laura Gallitz said...

Glad you're still reading, Michele!