Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thinking Thursday: Bedtime

Anna June had a complete and total meltdown at bedtime last night. Unfortunately, it was timed with my complete and total sugar crash, needing to lie down and rest a while. I told her she could lie in my bed with me - if she went to the potty first - and if her dad wanted his rightful place in his own bed, he could move her when he got home.

It worked.

Radar, AJ and I were all sound asleep when Ben got home. At about 8 pm.

But I talked to her this morning and I explained that phenomenon would not be happening again. Happy or sad, early or late, she must sleep in her own bed, regardless of her feelings on the matter.

She seems OK with the idea, but we'll see how it is at bedtime.

2 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

HA HA HA: "..if she goes potty first..." !!!!!


POOR LITTLE THING!!! WHY ALL THE BED TIME MELT DOWNS< ANY WAY?????????

It is easy to be agreeable and accept the terms when the moment of crisis has passed!!

Laura Gallitz said...

She just hates going to sleep. Period. Infinity. I don't know why - she was born that way. She doesn't want to miss out on anything. She wants to spend more time with us. We're inconsistent parents. We know she's tired, and we try everything - instead of trying the same thing over and over and over until she gets it right. Last night was pretty OK, though, because she stayed up an hour past her bedtime.