Thursday, December 20, 2012

You Never Know

Anna June doesn't understand what I mean when I say that something is outside of my skill set. So when she told me that she wanted me to bake Angry Birds cookies for her class Christmas party, I said OK.

I keep trying these projects, and I keep failing, but I promise I learn something each time.Like that icing spreads. Or that AJ is a way better artist than I am.

Although "Angry Birds" didn't scream "Christmas" to me, I thought that it was a reasonable request. Here are the results:





Pretty sure I'm going to see this picture in one of those "Nailed it!" memes.


4 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I don't know much about 'Angry Birds', but I do LIKE cookies!! Funny that AJ is at a point of requesting a certain type of food item for her class! Also do not get the 'Nailed it!' reference. But. hey.

Feel like an old Granny today who is being left behind in the dust!

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Also , don't know who "memes"is...........

Laura Gallitz said...

According to dictionary.com, the definition of meme:
meme [meem] Show IPA
noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.
Origin:
1976; < Gk mīmeîsthai to imitate, copy; coined b

Laura Gallitz said...

The site www.icanhascheezburger.com and the sites associated with it often make pictures into memes. There's one going around right now of a grumpy looking cat with various text. There are ways to make your own photo meme, as well. Rachel at Grasping for Objectivity sometimes makes some of Noah. This one is my favorite. http://pinterest.com/pin/273945589805096429/

Anyway, there's a meme of "Nailed it!" when someone clearly fails at doing something, and there is photographic evidence. So, if my photo were made into a meme, it would say "Angry Birds Cookies" at the top and on the left side it would show the original blogger's photo of their cookies and on the right side it would have mine. Then it would say "Nailed it!" at the bottom. Just sarcasm. You're not left in the dust! You just spend less time online than me, and that's a good thing.