Anna June wants a desk in her "new" room, but if she gets one, I really hope she takes better care of it than I take of mine. I have a full-on clutter problem at my desk at work and my desk at home.
I set the ambitious goal of having my entire desk (the surface, not the trays) cleared off by December 21, when our office closes for the holidays.
I have a long way to go. I basically have the left side of my desk as work things, roughly or neatly separated into piles, and the right side is a disaster of all manner of personal papers. I have a tote bag I bring back and forth to work, but unfortunately when I decide to clean it out, it just ends up being a big pile. I have all of these piles all over the house, too, but my work desk is my stated goal.
Here are some pieces of AJ's artwork/school work that I have uncovered. I
have no idea when they were completed, or where, exactly.
Here's one I meant to post in October:
Other interesting things I have found on my desk that may be worth a mention.
1. A new library campaign called Geek the Library. It's a fundraising campaign - it may have come from a Shelby County library rather than through our Jefferson County ones. On the site, many people talk about what they "geek" over. It's kind of neat. I have some stickers, a bumper sticker, and some bookmarks that ask "What do you geek?" If you want one of these, let me know. Incidentally, the Birmingham Public Library has a wish list of things they want - you can contribute directly towards toys, a bulletin board, or other cool things needed by the libraries in our system.
2. Thirty-one gift catalog. This home-based party-style business is one of my new favorite things. I keep buying gifts from here. I actually have a rep already, but my friend at work just became a rep. If there's anything you need (or want to buy for me!) I would suggest visiting the websites of these two lovely ladies:
Leslie Hughes Nuss or Dawn Fizer. I like everything.
3. A flier for a Yoga for Stress Management class at the UAB Resource Center. I can't make it - it's at the same time as Zumba! - but it offered this nugget: "This yoga class is all about the unique being that you are." That's sounds pretty awesome.
4. A flier for the Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis walk. The walk in Birmingham will be June 1, 2013. Ben and I each have a cousin suffering from Crohn's. Consider joining the walk or making a donation.
5. A business card from Alabama Grief Support Services. This agency provides free grief support groups in the area, and I believe they do very important work.
6. This recipe for Farmer's Market Vegetarian Quesadillas.
7. A generic letter of appreciation from my division director. It has a food stain on it, so it's getting tossed.
Thanks for letting me get that off my desk.
Random Analogies of Life.
8 hours ago