Friday, December 14, 2012

More and Less

I'm sure Anna June has no idea what a New Year's Resolution is, but she sees me start ideas with new resolve constantly. She is my most enthusiastic supporter, and I love sharing my goals with her, because she can be helpful at keeping me in line.

I know that small, measurable goals work best in being able to say, "Yes, I achieved that!" when one looks back on the year. But to heck with that.

Here are some goals I have for the new year for me personally and for us as a family, in no particular order:

See my Zumba instructor more and my pharmacist less
Go to the park more and the doctor less
See my family more and my co-workers less
Say no more and yes less
Stay home more and go out to eat less
Smile more and frown less
Give away more and buy less
Pray more and worry less
Problem solve more and whine less
Go to the farmer's market more and the grocery store less
Shop local more and big box less
Read more and watch less
Exercise more and eat less
Tea more and soda less
Hug more and yell less

What are your resolutions?


5 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Excellent resolutions! I like!

~Nonny~

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I don't believe that I ever made a New years resolution in my life, which probably accounts for my sorry state of being. Your s DO sound excellent , tho.


Quick question: I finished reading Fanny Flaggs' 'I Still Dream of You', this am. Is their an actual old historic home on Red Mountain, built by one of the early steel barons named "Crestview " ?

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

The Home is called, "Crestview". Not the builder. And , 'there' ,not 'their'.
.

Laura Gallitz said...

I have not read that book! There are lots of historic homes on Red Mountain built by Steel Barons. There are lots of named homes, and lots of things in the area named Crestview. In fact, Google claims that the part of Crestwood that our house is located in is also known as Crestview Hills. There is supposed to a house called "The Crestwview" in the 1965 Parade of Homes video seen here http://archive.org/details/1965Para1965, but I don't think it would match the one in the book - this is really on top of Shades Mountain rather than Red Mountain. (And I didn't watch the whole video.)

SRG said...

They all built on top of Red Mountain to escape the soot and cloud of pollution from their steel mills that hovered over the city...