Monday, November 19, 2012

Shower Time







Last Sunday, Anna June's Aunt Connie and Aunt Beth and I hosted a baby shower for her Aunt Liz. Liz is expecting on December 26th! I can't wait to meet our new (first) nephew!

Rusty and Beth did most of the food, including a fruit tray carved into a baby carriage, chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, and a veggie tray. We ordered the cake from Publix, and they did a great job mirroring the invitation and the theme, which was little baby blue footprints.

Connie made the punch and everything else.

I pretty much showed up and greeted people, and took some pictures. 

Anna June helped show guests where to put the gifts (Aunt Connie's wooden crib, handmade by her father, Jay), and helped by handing Liz the gifts. She also encouraged everyone to sign the mat of the framed picture of the baby's ultrasound. She did a great job at her mini-hostess duties.

It was a beautiful day, and a fun event with friends and family. He's not even here yet and I'm already in love, as are his Nana and Granny.

2 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Looks like a lovely shower. I received a very nice thank you note from Liz; I was rather embarrassed , as I did not mean for the clothes to be a gift at a shower. I just wanted her to have them so that they wouldn't just waste away here. They were still very serviceable. Ah well, I hope she had a good time at her shower. Now it's just a wait for that little guy!

Laura Gallitz said...

I saved them for the shower...everything was brand new with tags. The little brown coat was so adorable - I had to let everyone ooh and ahh over it.