Monday, November 26, 2012

I Have Been Asked

Since Christmas is a month away, I've been asked about how big Anna June is now, for sizing purposes.

She is nearly 44" tall, but weighs only 41 pounds or so. She could still wear a 4 in the waist but needs a 5 or 6 for length. In this regard, dresses are easier, since it's not so obvious when they start getting shorter.

Also, please keep in mind that 5 days a week during the school year she has to wear a uniform: navy, khaki or black bottoms and white, blue, or khaki tops (no T-shirts). We have leeway on socks, shoes and hair accessories.

Speaking of shoes, she wears an 11.5, trending towards a 12. We still have some 12s that are way too big. She has long, skinny feet that she did not inherit from me. Currently, she likes her sneakers but is also liking the Mary Jane and T-strap styles we have.

In the uniform department, she could use pants. She insisted that she would NOT wear pants, but now that it has turned cold, she's changing her tune.

Back to hair stuff: she has more than 40 adorable headbands. Her two headband holders are full. I have a hard time culling them because they're so cute. Please don't send more.

I just reread what I've written so far, and I realize it sounds like I'm begging. I'm not. We are very lucky - we have everything we need and more. I have just been asked about her sizes and I thought I'd spread the word efficiently. And I am sure everyone hates returning things! :)

AJ is healthy and happy, and tall. Most folks guess she is 5 or 6, even after talking to her. She's like a lot if kids: she wants everything in the store, but doesn't want to let go of her old stuff to make room. As a result, she's been saying that she wants nothing for Christmas, which I don't believe.

She has been pretty good, after all...




4 comments:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Thank you, Laura!!!!For the Info........
Turns out, every thing I have is the wrong size!!!I'm going to have to re-think, rather quickly , here!!!
I ADORE that little face!! (WHY do they make those 'head holes ' So DANG big?? Who POSSIBLY has a head that big?? And aren't those things FOR KIDS anyway??


( You should have probably have included Shenandoahs and your stats too !!)

Laura Gallitz said...

If it is too big, she'll grow into it. Please do not worry.

Ben does not want anyone else buying clothes or shoes for him anymore, including me.

I wear a 14P and a 7.5 shoe.

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I am dying to see her beautiful smile in person!! I gotta get down there soon to see you guys!! I miss all of you!!

~Auntie Nonny~

Laura Gallitz said...

Come down any time! AJ's spring break is March 25-29, and her summer begins at Memorial Day.