Friday, November 5, 2010

Homework


At the beginning of the school year, Anna June's teachers gave her some "homework" which consisted of take-home worksheets. We haven't been given any in a while - I'm not sure if other parents complained or if they just gave up. AJ did well on her worksheets, but I had to make her do them - she wasn't really excited about homework. Until one day, I decided to show her that her daddy has to do homework, too! So we all sat down together, Ben to read (bless his heart - he didn't get much done with us there), and AJ on my lap to do her worksheet.

A couple of weeks ago, though, Ben sat down at the kitchen table to study and Anna June decided she wanted to do some homework, too. Coloring in her coloring books was insufficient. So I grabbed the first thing handy - this Walgreen's ad - and told her to circle all the numbers she saw. Unfortunately, she did it in colored pencil instead of marker, so it is sort of hard to see, but she made an attempt and it kept her occupied for a few minutes.

Speaking of homework, it is possible that Ben will have a lot more of it in the next few years. He's been officially admitted to The Graduate School at UAB and in January can switch from being a "non-degree seeking graduate student" to a real, official student after his master's in History. Congratulations!

1 comment:

Atlanta Gal said...

Congrats to Ben! Is he working and going to school, too! The two years I was in school to get my MBA were some of the hardest but most rewarding of my life...