Monday, October 18, 2010

Lasagna


(Photo courtesy of Liz and Patrick Tucker)

Anna June had an exhausting weekend, as planned. On Sunday, we went to church very dressed up in fancy dresses, and it took all of my negotiating power to convince Anna June to wear a bib at lunch. She doesn't do bibs anymore, apparently, but she also doesn't normally do "dry clean only" dresses. Seriously, why would one even design a dry clean only dress for someone who is two years old? I digress.

After we got home and ready to nap, I gave AJ the option of getting out of her fancy clothes and into some pajamas for nap time. She changed, and so did I. We were very comfy!

When she finally woke up from her nap, she didn't want to get out of her pajamas. To tell the truth, I didn't either, so we stayed in them while she played a little and I cleaned a little. We stayed in them when we called Grandpa and Grammy on the computer. And then, since the only place AJ had left to go for the day was Nana and Granddaddy's house, she stayed in them for the rest of the night! (I, on the other hand, still had errands to run, so I had to get dressed.)

While she was at Nana's house, she helped Granddaddy fix lasagna. My dad uses cottage cheese in his recipe and because of its clumpy nature, he doesn't use a spoon to spread it around - he just uses his hands. AJ decided to imitate him. The result was an adorable mess - and delicious lasagna. I think EVERYONE had second helpings, including Anna June. I got there when everyone was finished, and AJ was still eating from my plate.

1 comment:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Grandma Mejchar ALWAYS used her hands when cooking and baking. She said it added flavor.....AJ cooks like a CZECH! ( Now whats got me thinking about my Grandma today?)