Friday, August 27, 2010

Best Buds


Anna June loves our dog, Radar. I think that's why I get so mad when he escapes...I know he has a tag and a microchip, and he knows his own way home - we'd get him back but there's always the chance of some accident happening to him that makes me furious. Anna June would be absolutely devastated if something happened to him.

A long time ago, Ben called Radar "Ray Ray" for a nickname, and it stuck. Anna June now wants to play with "Way Way"all the time. Last night when I wouldn't play with her (she wanted to give me an imaginary drink) she took off running. I asked what she was doing and she responded that she was taking a drink to Ray Ray!

Recently, she saw her Uncle Drew get his dog Hank to "shake". AJ decided yesterday morning before school that she just HAD to teach Radar to shake, as well. It took a lot of convincing that he probably wasn't going to learn it in one sitting and she needed to hurry up and get ready anyway.

On a different day, before school, she was hugging Radar and asked me to take a picture. So here are the two shots I got. You can tell that she's more tickled with him than he is with her. But he does love her - he allows her to brush him, play with him, and walk him on his leash. She can give him food and likes giving him a bath, too. Now if she can just drive him to the vet...

1 comment:

Atlanta Gal said...

I'm in love with these pictures... a girl and her dog. So cute! I call George one of my best friends, too. :)