Monday, July 19, 2010

Spoiled

Anna June has told me every day for the past several weeks that she does not want to go to school. I don't blame her. It is a long day for a little girl. But like her classmates, she has no other good alternative. So, on the weekends, I like to indulge her demands a little more, since we have a little more "free" time. I just feel sorry for a little girl who doesn't like to go to school - I can't remember ever going through that phase!

This is how we ended up at the library on Saturday instead of running any of the other grown-up errands I had thought of to run, and how, on Sunday, we ended up skipping church to go "feed the duckies" at East Lake Park.

Ben has photos and video footage of the duck and goose feeding, so I will let him post those soon. But I just wanted to share how focused she can be on what she wants. We went to Krispy Kreme, which is just down from the park. (Coincidence? I think not.) While Ben was waiting for our donuts, AJ laid her head down on the table, resting it on her folded arms. She looked very sweet, but I asked her, "Are you still tired?" She said, "No. I'm just thinking 'bout those duckies."

Of course, as soon as our bread was gone, she was thinking 'bout the playground instead of seeing any more wildlife, but that's not the point!

1 comment:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

It is my opinion that AJ needs a vacation from school. I'm betting that her parents need a vacation too. So, if you won't take me up on my offer to come to Milwaukee, for heavens sake go somewhere! Try CAMPING!!!! GA