Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Zoom, Zoom

Anna June is too young to have much of a concept of time. This is unfortunate, since she often dawdles, and we have to hurry her along. I try to impress on her what "being late" is and that late is not something that I wish to be. I get her to march around the house, or crawl like a kitty cat, or do any sort of thing that gets her attention and makes her move where I need her to move. If necessary, I'm not above carrying her, but I don't like the accompanying tantrums.

Lately, in order to get her to hurry, I've decided to tell her that we need to "Zoom, zoom!" a la the Mazda commercial. She has sort of latched on to this. Some mornings, I tell her we need to hurry, and she will look at me and pout, "But I don't want to zoom zoom, Mommy!" Usually, I don't, either.

Today, she did pretty well, waking up when I first asked her and complying with aspects of breakfast and grooming for the most part. I didn't even have to ask her to zoom zoom today.

1 comment:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Zoom Zoom......quite brilliant, but it is also my most irksome, turn the channel quick ! commercial of all time! Right up there next to dancing "I'm a Pepper, you're a pepper " commercials. ( Sorries to Shenandoah)