Saturday, June 26, 2010

So What Did You Do Today?

Anna June has had a great day so far. We woke up pretty early and she watched The Backyardigans. Then we actually went into our own backyard (with bug spray) to play in the sandbox for a while. Then, we went to the library, where AJ got a "brand new backpack" from the summer reading program. I put that in quotes because she has mentioned it at least twenty times. We'd pick out a book to bring home and she'd ask, "Mommy, can I put this in my BRAND NEW BACKPACK?" We admired our freshly cut grass, and then we went to eat lunch. AJ was tired so she actually went down for her nap without much fuss. I'm hoping she'll stay asleep until the carpet cleaners get here. By the way, in case anyone ever asks you, in my book, cleaning services of any sort are always appropriate, appreciated gifts for any occasion: anniversary, birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas, Flag Day, etc. A big thanks in advance to Granny Annie for sending the carpet cleaners over here. Between Radar and AJ, we're more than two years overdue for good scrubbing. I cannot wait. Off to move more things off the floor!

No comments: