Friday, June 11, 2010

Pretending

Anna June is excited about her chance to spend the night at her Nana's house tonight. We were discussing what she should bring, and she wants to bring her doll, Helen. Later, she told me she was going to take Helen to the zoo to see the gorillas, because, "Helen loves gorillas!"

So, next thing I know, she's dragging Helen through the house while I was getting ready, telling her about all the animals in the zoo. As we were leaving, AJ pointed to our den, which is apparently the home of the rhinoceros. She told me that there are four of them.

It would be nice, though, for her to tell me when she's pretending, so I'm not mentally calculating how to tell her I really don't feel like dragging giant Helen through the zoo with us the next time we go. What a relief!

No comments: