Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Don't Come In Here

Anna June is starting to like some privacy. Sometimes, while going potty, she tells me not to look or not to be in the room. I don't always obey her wishes, but sometimes I do.

This morning, though, the first words out of her mouth, while she was in her room and I was in mine, were "Don't come in here, Mommy!"

But I did go in there, and I started picking up her toys. Well, I had to start picking up her toys if I ever wanted to make it back to her bed. I had to clear a path.

She asked to read books in her bed while I cleaned up, so I let her. I finally decided to move towards getting her up, so I tried to select an outfit for her. I said, "Anna June, do you want to wear your polka dot outfit or your alligator outfit."

She replied just like a teenager, "It doesn't matter!" and threw her head back on her pillow.

I think that hit me more than when she declared, "I don't care!" the other day.

But shortly, she was back to her old self. "Mommy," she said, "I want some okra!"

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

sounds like a trip to uncle rusty's is in store :)