Monday, May 31, 2010

Creative Play

We rush Anna June to and fro all during the week, and on the weekends, too. This keeps her from getting bored, but it also keeps us pretty tired. We've taken this long weekend to rest in some respects. I've napped all three days while AJ napped, for instance.

We found ourselves with a little bit of time this afternoon between going to the zoo this morning with friends and eating at Rusty's tonight with family. She's already had a snack and watched a couple of episodes of The Backyardigans. With no immediate deadlines or pressing matters, I let AJ play. By herself. In her room. With her toys. I was folding laundry in my room across the hall. Ben was napping.

She has come up with the most hilarious things. Basically, she wants to take her doll, Helen, to school, while she, playing the mommy, goes to work. She comes to me to put on one of my necklaces so she can go "to work". Then, she gathers up "everything we need" to take Helen to school: AJ's backpack, the nap mat, and, for some reason, the hobby horse. Then, she takes Helen in the kitchen where she drops her off at school. Then, she comes to me asking for me to remove the necklace because she "stopped working." She comes back reporting that Helen had a good day at school, where she "learned things" like her colors. She then puts her to bed.

Who knows what she'll think of next?

1 comment:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

I'm gonna try that tomorrow at work..."Necklace off...I'm done!" LOL! Very cute!

~Auntie Nonny~