Friday, May 7, 2010

Backlog



We have finally posted the pictures from the last month or so at this link. Anna June, as you can see, has been having plenty of fun.

The foot picture above is from the first time she had her toenails painted. After discovering her friends had had this done already, I decided that with sandal-wearing season upon us, I would give it a shot. If you know me at all, you know that anything artsy, crafty, or involving any sort of physical skill is pretty much doomed to be a giant failure, which is why I rarely do my own nails. Basically, it looked like AJ painted her toenails herself.

The color was called "crushed velvet". I called it burgundy. Uncle Drew thought it looked suspiciously crimson, so he influenced AJ to demand that next time, her toenails should be painted orange. So we got some orange polish to replace the old burgundy and she wore that for a week. This week she wanted purple, and the closest thing I still had was "Purple dream" which could pass for a dark plum but is more on the burgundy side. I'm hoping she will pick pink next time. We've done this three Saturdays in a row, so maybe with all the practice I'm getting, I will get better.

1 comment:

Granny Annie and Auntie Nonny said...

Nonny will probably be commenting that you paint toe nails like I do!!!!! ( Next time try it with your glasses on!) ONLY KIDDING!!!!! I can't talk... I smear the polish way over the nail surface , onto the skin, let it dry and then "buff" it off the skin! I laughed and laughed out loud at Anna Junes comment about her hat ...that she looks like "Mother Goose". BTW, I don't think I gave her that cute swim suit....but I do think I'll look for a new hat!